£65 - 75 per day
Permanent | Full Time
Autism Support Assistant
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for autism support assistants for one of its special schools in Leeds. The school is part of the Beckfoot Trust and caters to children aged 2 to 11 with severe learning difficulties and profound and complex learning and medical needs. The children attending the school all have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP). Working in the school, you will work alongside a great staff team who work closely with families and specialist agencies such as the school nurse, physiotherapists, diet clinics, paediatricians, CAMHS (child adolescent mental health service), and speech and language therapists to enable all pupils to achieve beyond what could ever be imagined.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in the SEN field, improving educational outcomes for students.
- Relevant qualifications including Team Teach or Moving and Handling accreditation.
- Level 2 Qualified or Equivalent in English and Maths.
- Experience of using Makaton.
- Experience of working alongside other members of the multi-disciplinary team and an awareness/working knowledge of specialist equipment.
- Confidence to work independently and use initiative to provide the best outcomes for students who may display a wide range of emotionally and/or physically challenging needs.
- A flexible approach to work in a wide range of settings within school.
- An enhanced child workforce DBS on the update service or willingness to apply for one.
This is a demanding role that requires a high level of patience, energy and enthusiasm.
To apply to this position or associated roles, click below or contact Esther at .
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.