£65 - 70 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Do you want to make a difference to lives of children and young people?
We are currently working alongside a Salford school to recruit a Behaviour Support Assistant to work on a one-to-one/small group basis with children and young people with SEMH needs and associated challenging behaviour and other learning difficulties,
As a Behaviour Support Assistant, you will be working a student in Key Stages 3 or 4, in classes between 5-8 students, accompanied by a Teacher and another Teaching Assistant. You will be working with children and young people who are not able attend mainstream education for multiple reasons, such as:
- Challenging behaviour
- Physical and mental health issues, disabilities and learning difficulties
The successful a Behaviour Support Assistant would have:
- Some experience working with children and young people who display challenging behaviour
- Experience of de-escalation training would be advantageous
- The school would also consider candidates from youth work backgrounds, or similar roles
This role also requires motivation, passion, patience and the ability to emotionally support children who are from vulnerable backgrounds and situations. a Behaviour Support Assistant
The school is located in Salford and has excellent public transport links particularly by train and bus within a few minutes’ walk of the school.
In addition, you will need to complete all necessary vetting checks including proof of identity, a DBS on the Update Service and producing two recent references.
Working through Teaching Personnel allows for many benefits including
• A team of consultants to look for roles for you and support you in the ones you find
• A competitive wage of £65 per with options to rise
• Access to a wide variety of CPD opportunities
• Flexibility on your working conditions
If you believe you are the perfect a Behaviour Support Assistant and can make support and inspire these young people, please send your CV or contact Neal at Teaching Personnel today.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.