£1.3k - 1.5k per month
Permanent | Full Time
Teaching Personnel are temporary and permanent specialist school support staff recruiters.
SEN Teaching Assistant
Main Purpose of the Job:
To support access to learning and provide general support for the school in the management of pupils and resources, as directed by senior staff.
Support for pupils
• To work with small groups of children under the supervision of the teacher including the implementation of ILPs
• Give regular feedback on children’s progress to the class teacher and file records
• Attend to children’s personal needs, including pastoral, social, health, physical hygiene, minor first aid and welfare matters
• Establish good relationships with pupils, taking on role model by presenting a positive personal image and responding appropriately to individual needs
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
Support for Teachers
• To assist the teacher to ensure a safe classroom and outdoor environment, checking materials and personal equipment for defects and implement risk assessments carried out by the teacher according to school guidelines. This will include cleaning equipment used by pupils and ensuring its accessibility.
• To work closely under the guidance of the teacher as required, with therapists, medical staff, and other personnel working with pupils, so that their advice and practice are integrated in to ILPs.
• Provide curricular clerical/admin support, eg. photocopying, making lists, collection of monies.
• Prepare the classroom for lessons, including display work under the direction of the teacher
For this job we are looking for:
The job is to start ASAP so please apply if interested
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.