Temporary | Full Time
Do you have excellent behaviour management skills and a passion for working with children and young people? Are you hoping to progress a career in education?
On behalf of a well-established secondary school in Bradford (BD4) we are seeking to appoint a Behaviour Support Worker, motivated to inspire children to take responsibility of their learning. The role will require you to support with classroom based tasks and also work on a 1:1 and a small-group basis supporting the children emotionally and with their education and learning.
Candidates with relevant experience within education and those with experience from a non-educational setting e.g. Security officer are also welcomed to apply. This is an incredibly rewarding role that demands a dedicated, resilient individual wanting to fully commit to the position.
DBS on the Update Service or be willing to have one
Relevant experience in behaviour management
As a behaviour support worker, you will:
- show resilience in managing difficult behaviours and driving positive outcomes
- have the ability to engage children at different abilities in their learning
- possess a calming and friendly manor, responding sensitively to children’s needs
- be proactive in supporting the social and emotional welfare of children
- be an effective communicator as part of a team and developing an open and honest relationship with the children
- recognise barriers to learning and motivate the children to bridge gaps in their learning
Those with training or experience using Positive Handling Strategies (e.g. Team Teach) are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate may also benefit from extra training from Teaching Personnel.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.