£10.25 - £12 per hour
Fixed Term | Full Time
Location: Royston, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Temp to perm OR permanent position
Salary: starting £10.25 per hour + (linked to competency and qualifications)
Hours: 4 week rota pattern - Averages at 40hrs per week.
Where possible we will also consider flexible shift patterns to suit you (PT hours also available)
Protocol are currently looking for a number of Care Workers in Royston (South Cambridgeshire / North Hertfordshire border), We are working closely with a children's home and school which provides education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people aged 9-19 years with severe and profound communication difficulties associated with conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders.
• Providing exceptional high levels of care during all daily activities such as washing, dressing, socialising, learning, washing/personal care.
• Assisting with therapy sessions such as hydrotherapy and rebound therapy.
• Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the children and young adults are free to grow and develop
• Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable
• Helping develop their learning and social skills wherever possible
Skills and Qualifications:
It is a tough yet totally rewarding role. Ultimately, we are looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of the children and young adults. So, whilst previous experience would be highly beneficial; it is not essential. What's more important to us is that you can demonstrate the right attitude to make a difference
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
• Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile
• Ability to guide and encourage supportive independence when possible
• Exceptional communication skills and patience
• Resilient with a robust and positive nature
• Ability to be creative in meeting the needs of the young adults or children's needs
• Ability to work on a rota pattern- please note that this will typically mean working every other weekend
Benefits and Additional Information:
• Full training and continued support
• Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Residential Child Care which will be funded by us!
• Part time hours available if required
• 30 days holiday including bank holidays
• Life assurance and pension
• Health cash back plan
• Car lease scheme
• Bike to work scheme
• Perk box
• Free parking
If you think this position sounds right for you please do not hesitate to call Luisa at Protocol Education on 01245 213 225 or apply now!