An outstanding Secondary school in Rawtenstall are seeking to appoint a Catering Assistant in their canteen.
To start ASAP until August 2022
Rate of pay from £10.20 per hour
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To prepare the dining area for service, which may include moving and/or setting up furniture, setting up of trolleys and the cleaning and dismantling of these as required after service.
- To prepare the service area, hot cupboards and other equipment at the point of service for the efficient and effective service of meals.
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages as directed by the Catering Manager.
- To serve food according to the style and type of operation defined by the school.
- To wash dishes, cutlery, tumblers, jugs, serving utensils, containers, tables and all other catering equipment in the catering environment.
- To clean on a daily basis all catering areas to a standard required by the school.
- To undertake on and off the job training sessions as required by the Catering Manager.
- To inform the Catering Manager of any defects in equipment or premises not meeting Health and Safety and/or Food Hygiene Regulation Standards.
- To undertake such other related duties as are required to ensure the dining area and kitchen are in a clean and hygienic condition and that the food service is effective and efficient.
- To undertake duties that may be required for the effective operation of the catering department including till duty (cashless catering) as directed by the Catering Manager.
Please get in touch with the Preston Secondary team ASAP if you are interested in this role.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.