£120 - 180 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Are you an innovative, enthusiastic and passionate Teacher of Chemistry?
Then this will be the job for you.
This post provides a unique opportunity to work within a high-performing and growing 11 to 18 secondary school with a large sixth-form and exceptional students.
We would like to appoint an outstanding Temporary Teacher of Chemistry.
We passionately believe that Chemistry is of vital and fundamental importance as a science. The Chemistry department has seven specialist teachers and two technicians.
The department uses five well-equipped modern laboratories, a large staff office and a dedicated prep room. The school have detailed schemes of work and they share resources in order to achieve high standards of teaching and learning. Teachers usually teach in all key stages.
In Chemistry they follow the AQA GCSE (9-1) specification. Achievement is very high; 74% 9-7 and 96% 9-5.
The post-holder would be responsible for teaching Chemistry as part of the 'Discover Faculty. Results in the faculty are very strong. Experienced colleagues provide wide-ranging expertise, which is shared throughout the faculty and department.
The department is always looking at ways of developing its curriculum and widening the experience for students.
The high school take great pride in providing their students with a first class education and instilling them with a love of learning.
Consideration will be given to both experienced teachers and NQTs who wish to develop their teaching expertise in an outstanding school.
You will need to:
• believe in the school values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence
• be a reflective practitioner wanting to develop and hone your craft to
the highest level
• be an inspirational teacher who builds excellent relationships and
Teachers are expected to be effective, reflective professionals who challenge and support all pupils to do their best. Teachers should inspire confidence, build team commitment, engage, and motivate their pupils. They should think analytically about their work and take positive action to improve the quality of pupils' learning.
They will encourage high standards of academic and personal achievement and be a good role model for the students in the school.
They will make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school and their department.
In return the school can offer:
• eager and committed students who are keen to learn and progress
• a creative and supportive team, who are driven to support and
challenge their students
• well-equipped specialist classrooms
• a learning-centred school where the best possible practice is the
• a comprehensive CPD programme and opportunities to develop as a
teacher and as a leader
• a vibrant, supportive community of like-minded professionals
What Will You Bring To The Role?
• Suitably qualified - degree in relevant discipline plus teaching
• Up-to-date knowledge of curriculum related issues 11-19
• Skilled classroom practitioner with the ability to inspire and motivate
students in KS3 to KS5.
• ICT skills and an understanding of the potential for use of ICT for
teaching and learning, including IWB/Powerpoint/VLE/iPad
• Ability to contribute to the wider school life
• Able and confident to contribute to development of schemes of work
and teaching and learning materials
• Energy and enthusiasm
• Suitability to work with children
Why Should You Apply?
The School is a unique school, with students who are eager to learn, keen to know more and want to enjoy their educational experiences. It is exceptional in many ways: a very diverse school community that produces results of the highest quality.
The school work effectively with their young people, really care about them and their futures and have an ultimate success measure of enabling them to proceed to where they want to go. Excellent relationships between staff and students are the norm, expectations are high and students perform very well as a consequence.
Please apply by clicking the link below or for more information contact Jenna at