£25000.00 - £36000.00 per annum
Permanent | Full Time
Complex needs Teacher
London Teaching Pool are currently recruiting for a specialist complex needs Teacher to work with secondary aged children - This SEN school based in Lambeth South East London. This role will be to start September 2022.
The role will be to teach below National Curriculum to PMLD, SLD & Complex needs children who have been cannot access mainstream education. There will be 2 support workers in the class with you and there are only 6-8 children in the class.
All of the students at this SEN school arrive with a statement of SEN known as an Education Care Plan. Because the students have often missed education as a result of their behaviour or because of specific learning difficulties, they frequently arrive at this SEN school with comparatively low levels of prior attainment.
To be a successful Complex needs teacher at this SEN school you must have excellent behaviour/class management skills, knowledge of how to teach children/young people with complex needs or have relevant experience as an SEN Teacher working with ASD or complex needs pupils.
Excellent behaviour management skills are essential and Team Teach training would be desirable.
Person Specification The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years' experience in a classroom environment ideally with a Team-Teach qualification. You will also need to have the following: - Strong track record of raising levels of achievement and motivation
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or QTLS
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- Be able to build positive relationships with young people and staff
- Team Teach or similar restraint training certificate
- Good knowledge/experience working with children with complex needs within an SEN environment - Be able to work well as a team
- Have a big personality! - A valid DBS (preferably on update service) - The right to work in the UK - A minimum of two references Do not forget TLTP's Refer and Earn scheme. For every person you recommend that we place and meets our terms and conditions you will receive a referral bonus.
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply.