PAYE (pay as you earn)
Fixed Term | Full Time
A Durham School is currently recruiting for a design and technology Technician (specialising in Food), to start ASAP on a full time, on going basis.
This outstanding secondary school is located close the centre of Durham, and is easily accessible from both the A1 and public transport.
If successful you will help ensure food technology lessons run smoothly and efficiently by:
• Preparing and clearing away materials and equipment
• Assisting teaching staff with demonstration lessons and practicals
• Making arrangements for maintenance and repair services to equipment
• Assisting in the maintenance of health and safety standards
• Assisting in the development of lesson plans
• Contribute to the planning, development and organisation of systems/procedures/policies
• Promoting healthy eating
• Maintaining stock and breakage records, catalogues and user manuals
• Ordering, receiving and accounting for new stock and equipment
Skills and experience you'll need
• experience of preparing food
• to enjoy working with young people
• to be self-motivated
• Experience of working in a school setting
At Protocol we keep safeguarding and safer recruitment at the forefront of all of our efforts. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you will need to provide documentation proving you are eligible to work in the UK. You will also need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV in the strictest confidence to email@example.com or phone 0191 2797270 to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail.
Protocol Education is a Supply Agency offering both long terms and short terms roles in Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Special Needs (SEND) Education. We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00