£140 - £200 per day
East London, London
Fixed Term | Contract Hours
English Teacher - November 2020 - English Maternity Cover - London
Outstanding secondary school seeking a qualified English Teacher to teach English across KS3, KS4, and KS5. English teachers looking for a new role for January 2021 should apply.
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Long term supply - until July 2021
Required for: November 2020
Suitable for: NQTs or experienced teachers
* An enthusiastic English Teacher with the ability to teach across all of the key stages
* Passionate about English with excellent subject knowledge - an English specialist
* Ambitious and committed to the very highest standards of student learning
* Keen to challenge and enthuse a variety of learners
* An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
About the Role:
* Students follow the AQA English syllabus at GCSE and at A-level
* English classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 upwards
* The English department achieves outstanding results at all Key Stages
* There is opportunity to teach at KS5 if the successful applicant has experience
* This is a maternity cover from January to July 2021 at minimum - extension to December 2021 OR to a permanent contract are both possible
About the School:
* Large comprehensive school situated in East London
* Consistently rated as outstanding by Ofsted
* Established an excellent reputation within the local
* High standards of teaching and learning as well as student behaviour and conduct are positively set and enforced
* Proud to be above the national average across all categories
* A strong commitment to staff's professional development and wellbeing
* Non-contact time and PPA are above the national minimum requirement of 10% of the teaching timetable
* A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure achievement for all students.
* Overall, quite well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
* A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
How to apply:
Shortlisting is still taking place and interviews are being arranged as suitable applicants apply. Please apply with your updated CV by clicking the link or emailing Christine Roseto on Christine.email@example.com