Graduate TA - Haringey
Education and Training - Education and Training - Education and Training
An ideal opportunity has arisen for a Graduate TA to work with SEN students in a Haringey based Primary school.
A leading primary school in Haringey are currently looking for a Graduate TA with experience, or a keen interest, in SEN and SEN provisions.
- Graduate TA
- £60 to £75 daily rate
- Special Educational Needs
- Primary Education/Primary school
- Immediate interviews
As well as providing a range of experiences for hundreds more sectors and careers.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Participating in all timetabled activities, providing personal assistance and supervision for students before, during and after lessons
- Assisting students understand and partake set tasks in an appropriate way
- Working with the whole class, a small group or individual learners as required
- Encouraging students to demonstrate appropriate social skills as well as behaving appropriately in public settings; including all areas of the Primary school
- Flexibly meeting the individual student's needs while delivering discreet support to named students
- Help to build students' confidence and motivation
- Working with managers and employees to support the developing culture of the learning organisation
- Follow the Primary school's procedures for child protection/vulnerable adults
The role requires someone with:
- Good general education to GCSE level (English and Maths) or equivalent, and a university degree
- Knowledge of the range of different types of learning difficulties and disabilities
- Ability to adapt to a variety of working environments and students with differing abilities
- A co-operative working style with the ability to work as part of a team
- Practical abilities which focus on the needs of students with LDD
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A caring approach and a good listener
- A willingness to undertake flexible working patterns
- A willingness to undertake staff development where applicable
- Self motivated
- Significant experience of working with young people or adults with a range of severe, complex and moderate learning difficulties and/or disabilities and or behavioural needs
This is the perfect position for a Haringey based Graduate TA in search of well structured experience before going on to teacher training, or your master's degree.
As well as many more which will greatly assist their personal and professional development.
If you are interested, we'd love to receive your application as soon possible. If you would like to know more, contact Andrew @ Academics on 02030314863.