Learning Support Assistant
Primary School learning support assistant - Commencing September 2023
Are you considering training as a teacher in 2024 but you don't have the classroom experience or confidence to lead a class just yet?
Then maybe working as a teaching assistant is the job for you, I can offer you various contracts lasting from one to three terms in order for you to get the experience you need, just apply today or call Dan directly on 0203 841 0777 to find out more!
Here are just three great reasons to work as a learning support assistant:
- As a learning support assistant, you have the opportunity to help students who may be struggling with their academic, social, or emotional development. By providing one-on-one support, you can help these students gain confidence, develop new skills, and achieve their goals. Seeing the progress and success of the students you support can be incredibly rewarding.
- As a learning support assistant, your work can be incredibly varied and interesting. You may work with students of different ages, abilities, and backgrounds, and support them in a range of subjects and activities. You may also work closely with teachers, other support staff, and parents or caregivers. This diversity of tasks can keep your work fresh and engaging.
- Helping others and contributing to their success can give you a sense of fulfilment that is hard to find in other jobs. Knowing that you have made a positive impact on someone's life can be incredibly satisfying, and can give you a sense of purpose and meaning in your work.
Responsibilities of a learning support assistant?
- The responsibilities of a learning support assistant are varied depending on the specific age group and your specific skill set, from finger painting to supporting the school band, you can rest assured that no two days will be the same
- Supporting the class teacher, ensuring children are safe and happy and maintaining behaviour in the classroom.
- Building trust and supporting young children as they grow into young adults
- Keeping track of children's progress and occasionally reporting back to parents
- Supporting children with some additional learning needs such as autism, ADHD and English as a second language
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%