£64.62 - 70.00 per day
Permanent | Full Time
Teaching Assistants wanted, to work 1:1 with students who require additional help
Teaching personnel are looking to recruit an experienced SEN TA to work 1:1 with students who require extra help within the classroom. The needs of the children differ from mild to severe but extra support to you will be given if needed. You will be expected to assist the students with their work set by the teacher so it would be desirable if you had a good understanding of the curriculum, however this isn’t necessary.
You will be working closely with the class teacher and SENCO as well as other support assistance within the classroom on a student-by-student basis. It important that you provide enthusiasm all day and encourage the students with their learning.
If you are applying for this role, there are a few things we require from you. You must have:
- Previous experience of working within a SEN setting. This may be youth work, support worker, previous school based employment or even working within a care setting. Other experience will be considered upon application.
- Relevant training such as Behavioural Management, MAPPA (or variations of this), and qualifications in SEN courses. There are also some training courses that can be provided by Teaching Personnel at a reduced cost.
- References from your two most recent employers
- A full driving licence would be advantageous however not essential as we do have schools accessible via public transport
- A DBS on the update service, or be willing to apply for one at a cost of £44 for the DBS and £13 for the update service
When applying to Teaching Personnel, the successful applicant will receive support throughout their application process and TA journey.
If you have any questions or wish to apply for this role please contact Jasmine on 01872 250120 or
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.