Smile Education are currently working in partnership with a family orientated nursery based in Derby. Smile are currently supporting them in their recruitment of a Nursery Manager and they are ideally looking to meet with suitable candidates as soon as possible.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day running of the nursery
- Oversee the quality of childcare provided
- Recruitment and development of staff
- Able to spend time with the team in the nursery rooms alongside working in the office
- Develop strong bonds with parents and other childcare professionals
- Ensure the nursery always meets Ofsted requirements
- Provide a safe, nurturing, and inspiring education environment for children
- Leading safeguarding and health and safety policies
Qualifications & Experience:
- Be able to be a supportive member of a large team but also able to be a role model.
- Childcare and Education qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3 is essential
- Sound knowledge of childcare development
- Previous experience of working within a senior role
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide at least 2 references.
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.