Temporary | Full Time
Would you like to join an amazingly supported team?
Would you like to earn a bigger salary?
Are you ready to take the next step in your career development?
Then take a look at this post and see if your shoe fits :)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a long established in a 30 place setting in the heart of Westbury on Trym. This client is a family owned setting which has been part of the local community for over 20 years. Their links to families and the wider community are of utmost importance and the deputy manager is a key to ensuring these continue to develop.
If you are a passionate, self-motivated and driven person looking for a truly value adding role which offers huge potential and a genuine opportunity to become an integral part of the business and put your own stamp on a setting then Protocol Education would love to hear from you.
As Nursery Manager you are fully accountable for the day to day running and performance of the nursery. Alongside being accountable for the delivery of the nursery's financial budgets and funding.
As a nursery manager your role will include:
• Overall responsibility for the nursery and staff within it, ensuring they are performing to the highest standards.
• Safegurding children is your priority and you will be the Designated Safeguarding lead.
• Always ensure that ratio and requirements are met.
• Market and sell the nursery and be the main point of contact at the beginning or end of each day, dealing with parent's daily enquiries face to face.
• Complete all office-based duties.
• Get to know the families at the setting to create a trusting rapport with parents and be able to manage parental complaints/concerns in an efficient timely manner.
• Ensure SEN/ASL needs are identified early and are met with respect, care and professionalism - working closely with SENCO of the setting to ensure any issues are established early on and the correct and relevant observations are being done.
• Monitor the nurseries planning observation and assessment procedure.
• Manager your Senior Team and organise training/meetings to keep them up to date on business changes and best practice.
• Challenge any behaviours or practices that go against professional expectations.
• Ensure that the nursery receives excellent outcomes in internal audits and external authorities
• Ensure that the setting is clean and welcoming, with well-kept educational resources.
• Overall responsibility to maintain ratios and statutory/welfare requirements within the nursery.
• Audit children's observations ensuring they provide an accurate, detailed reflective account of the child's current development needs and ensure staff are providing developmentally appropriate challenging next steps.
• Appraise and manage the team keeping them motivated whilst also addressing any issues.
Qualifications and Expectations;
- Expected for at least 1 years management experience (either deputy of Nursery manager)
- Relevant Early Years qualification from level 3 Level 3 Qualification (NNEB, CACHE or NVQ) OR Higher Education (relevant Early Years)
- It would be desirable for the candidate to have any other relevant CPD Qualifications that would support their post as management
- Paediatric First Aid
- FGM Training
- Prevent training
- Leadership & Management Training
- Level 2 food hygiene Training
- Flexibility in working hours
- Positive, Outgoing and passionate about their role
If this interests you, please apply now.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00
If you are interested in this job role or have any other questions please call Sophie on 0117 9453960
** Look forward to hearing from you **