You will be working within an “Ofsted Outstanding” Early Years provision for babies and young children aged 0-5. The setting is in the Penkridge area of Stafford, and the management team are looking for experienced, qualified, and engaging practitioner to provide a high quality of care and education in a stimulating, effective and homely environment.
Outside play is a key element to the setting and the garden provides great opportunities for children to learn through independent play. Children feel safe, happy, and secure in this child-focused nursery. They show healthy emotional attachments to staff members, who cuddle and comfort them as and when required. Staff show their high expectations for what children can achieve and are able to plan and deliver engaging activities.
The nursery is looking for a practitioner who has a flexible approach – with shifts varying from mornings, afternoons, and full days. The nursery is open from 7:30am – 6:00pm.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting children from 3 months to 5 years old.
- Helping to prepare and deliver age-appropriate activities that meet the interests of each individual child.
- Ensuring the safety of all young people in the setting whilst allowing them to explore.
- Following the Early years framework (EYFS) to use observations to assess children's achievements and plan effectively for their individual learning needs.
- Provide a friendly and nurturing space, where you can soothe young children whilst promoting independence.
- To adhere to and understand staff ratios.
- To be responsible, with other team members, for ensuring that play, materials, and equipment are properly used maintained and stored and for reporting any worn or damaged materials.
- To arrange and supervise the hygienic provision of refreshments for the children, recognising the principles of a balanced diet and the requirements of varied cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- To record any accidents/incidents in the accident book
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Nursery manager and Senior team.
- Have eligibility to work in the UK
- Hold a minimum Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare or Education qualification
- Hold a Paediatric First Aid qualification or willing to complete training
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Have previous experience working in an Early Years setting
- Hold a current DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one.
Smile Education Recruitment provides you with a dedicated consultant who specialises in placing staff in education settings within your local area. This ensures you receive caring, personal service and the best opportunity to find a position that is right for you. We offer great rates of pay for support staff and roles can lead to long term and potentially permanent placements.
If you have a passion for Early Years and have a positive attitude (and of course a Smile!) please contact Kirsty on 0121 289 6833
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS, and Qualifications.
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.