School Nurse / Matron
(Health Care Assistant)
Salary: £19,000 - £22,000 (Accommodation may be available)
Location: Central London
Reeson Education are supporting an award-winning Independent School in based in Central London that require a School Nurse / Matron on full-time permanent basis.
The School Nurse / Matron will provide support to students, providing health and medical care, liaising with necessary parties (both internal and external) as necessary.
- This is a full-time position, and the post holder is expected to effectively manage their own time, working flexibly to meet the needs of the school.
- Typical hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30-17:00, plus one evening clinic from 18:00-20:00.
- The role is term-time only, with one week before and one week after the academic year.
- Experience in working within a school and/or health care setting would be advantageous.
- Obtaining the Care Certificate is desirable.
- Current First Aid at Work (three days) certificate
Key Responsibilities: Professional
- Be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the Nurse's Office, ensuring efficient systems and processes are in place
- Be the first port of call for medical support
- Make appointments with providers such as doctors, dentists, and other professionals
- Act as part of the wider Wellbeing Team, to ensure wrap around support for students
Key Responsibilities: Clinical activities
To provide a high standard of service to students, members of staff and any visitors while on site. This will include to:
- Organise and run regular clinics to attend to sick students
- Assess, implement and evaluate patient care of students
- To provide appropriate care and supervision of unwell students within the boarding accommodation, either in their own beds or in sick bay
- Ensure care plans are developed and updated for all students
- Provide first aid and emergency care and treatment as necessary - this includes maintaining stock of all school first aid kits
- Arrange medical and dental appointments for boarders as necessary, liaising with Waterloo Surgery and other health care providers
- Maintain pupil records ensuring that a code of confidentiality is adhered to at all times.
- Operate procedures for the control of infectious diseases
- Act as health advisor to students resident in boarding accommodation and offer support to boarding staff
- Be the lead person responsibility for the acquisition, appropriate and secure storage, and the administering of prescription and non-prescription medications to students
Key Responsibilities: Administration
- Maintain high standard of nursing and medical records accurately, confidentially and safely
- Ensure that relevant medical information is shared with key personnel effectively
- Oversee the GP registration of boarders
- Be proactive and responsible in medical centre and service audits
- Ensure the recording of dispensed medications protocols are adhered to
- Keep records of reported accidents are per current guidelines
Key Responsibilities: Communication
- Work closely with other members of the college team to ensure seamless and continuous care
- Liaise with parents on all matters relating to their child's health and welfare
- Liaise with college staff as appropriate whilst maintaining confidentiality
Benefits - School Nurse - Independent Secondary School - Lambeth - September 2022
The school places great emphasis on the professional development of its entire staff, with employees enjoy a significant range of professional opportunities and benefits. A comprehensive schedule of continuing professional development and INSET training, both internal and external, is provided for all staff. Access to complimentary Health Assured Assistance to support staff wellbeing and a heavily subsidised three-course lunch is available to all employees in their awarding-winning kitchen.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Eligible for Cycle-to-Work scheme
- An interest-free loan for a travel season ticket is offered to all staff on application
- Children of staff are offered a 60% reduction in school fees.
- Working in one of the most vibrant and exciting locations in the UK
- Group pension scheme
- Free membership to the school's onsite gym and swimming pool
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.