£10.20 - 14.00 per hour
Permanent | Full Time
A 'GOOD' secondary school in Skelmersdale needs to appoint a Science Technician ASAP to work in their Science department full time.
The Science Technician is to provide day-to-day support to the Science department, including the preparation of materials, setting up of equipment for class practical sessions and maintain equipment for use. The post holder will be expected to show enthusiasm, commitment, flexibility and the ability to work on his/her own initiative with good organisational and communication skills.
• To organise the preparation and construction of materials and equipment for use in lessons, as requested by the class teacher
• Ensure the safe and secure collection at the end of each lesson for all items issued, clean and return to stock.
• Work as a support to teachers and communicate any discrepancies.
• Dispose safely of all waste materials, including chemical residues.
• Maintain apparatus/equipment used by the Science department and report any damage/needs.
• Carry out basic laboratory maintenance.
• Responsible for stock levels of perishables, materials, equipment, books and stationery and assist the Subject Leader in ordering/purchasing of materials and equipment.
• Maintain tidy and organized work spaces and storage areas.
• Contribute to develop new investigative techniques and equipment.
• Provide specialist advice and guidance as required.
• Carry out routine administration tasks for the Subject Leader, as required.
• Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages (MS Office, internet, email, etc.)
Please apply today, and Emily @ Teaching Personnel will be in touch.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.