SEN (Autism) Supply Support Worker Barnsley/Sheffield Long term required for regular residential support work. Long term commitment needed.
Academics LTD are recruiting SEN (Autism) Supply Support Worker Barnsley/Sheffield Long term across local South Yorkshire regions.
We are currently helping this site with supply and long term staffing solutions. Consistency is key for the units due to the individual needs of residents. We are keen to recruit candidates that are positive, enthusiastic and can demonstrate tact and patience and understanding to the individuals they are supporting and the setting.
The shift patterns can vary including night cover and weekends and evening as well as early and late shifts in the week and weekends. This role requires candidates to have a degree of flexibility and be reliable at all times. The settings we are actively recruiting for support people and children with Autism.
The role:SEN (Autism) Supply Support Worker Barnsley/Sheffield Long term
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a similar setting and experience of working with Autism and other SEND requirements.
- Support which positively impacts their health/wellbeing, whilst enabling pupils to fulfil their potential.
- Develop person centred working relationships with individuals, using Autism specific approaches and interventions. EG- SPELL framework, TEACCH to ensure individual needs of engagement and Interaction.
- Understand, utilise the individual's daily plan.
- Support individuals to develop and maintain high standards of personal hygiene/appearance. This will involve bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding.
- Actively encourage and support meaningful activities. Helping promote life skills and helping individuals make appropriate choices regarding nutrition needs.
- Ensuring the environment is kept secure, clean and well presented, undertaking some light domestic duties and chores.
- Keeping reports and records and checks up to date.
- In this role you will be working within a team and often the individuals require 2-1 care.
- Training and education and development around the needs of the individuals and the type of work is provided. To ensure all candidates placed can support people with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
The candidate: SEN (Autism) Supply Support Worker Barnsley/Sheffield Long term
- Ideal candidates need to be aware and committed to further education and training.
- Adhere to all safeguarding requirements and procedures aimed at the protection of vulnerable individuals.
- Comply with Health and safety policies and procedures, follow risk assessments when needed and work in line with the individual support plans in place.
- To be a naturally caring, compassionate individual with high standards of care. Positively respond to the changing needs of people receiving support.
- Have the ability to inspire others with positive attitudes towards supporting vulnerable people.
- Ideal candidates need to have clear communication skills, ability to display strong listening skills, report information accurately when needed.
If you feel you have the experience and this information has peaked your interest Academics would love to hear from you!