SEN Learning Support Assistant – Haringey
v Apply with Teaching Personnel
v Full time/Part-time/Day to Day
v SEN Teaching Assistant
v Supporting students with profound multiple learning difficulties.
v PAY - £70 - £75pd
v Start: 5th September 2022
Main duties include:
- Support students with PMLD school on a 1:1 and group setting.
- Assisting and implementing workshops that focus on building the student’s motor, speech, language, social skills, self-esteem and independence.
- To liaise with relevant health and educational agencies to promote joint working initiatives to meet the diverse needs of children.
- This is a long-term position (full-time) that could lead onto a permanent placement.
- Assist with personal care including toileting and feeding.
- To work collaboratively with all members of staff including teachers, learning support mentors and the senior leadership team.
About the School:
- This dedicated, caring and passionate school is recruiting for a personable, enthusiastic and hard-working individual needs assistant to join their team in Haringey. This school caters for students aged 5-18 with profound and multiple learning disablities. Students are taught through a very non-formal curriculum that incorporates sensory stimulus and non-verbal forms of communication.
- They work in unison with health specialists to deliver an exceptional educational experience which integrates high quality teaching methods with personal care.
- The school aims to make students feel safe, secured, and valued as they navigate the challenges of education by developing confidence and the ability to express themselves.
- Ofsted – Outstanding (2019)
Experience supporting individuals with complex needs e.g., within the care sector or a psychology background or any experience supporting individulas with additional needs.
Our Ideal Applicant:
- A good understanding of a range of psychological disorders and a strong passion for supporting children with special needs within an educational setting.
- A versatile, inspiring, talented, and personable individual with a strong passion for supporting students to achieve, with sights firmly set on making a genuine difference.
- Personal care experience desireable.
- Will have an up-to-date DBS with update service or be willing to apply for a new DBS through Teaching Personnel.
- Can provide references covering the last 2 years Please apply with an up-to-date CV.
Important Notice: For you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well aas the Right to Work in the UK. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.