Are you looking for a role where you can really make a difference?
Teaching Personnel are working in partnership with a Trust of Schools in the Chesterfield area. The Trust are looking to recruit a Teacher with experience teaching children with SEN.
You will be considered for this role if you have experience teaching a high intake of SEN pupils in a Primary setting, as part of an IR Unit or PRU, or have experience teaching in a Special School setting. We are currently looking for someone who is available on a full time basis for a year long position, starting in September. We may be able to consider part time for the right candidate.
The Trust is a family of schools based across Chesterfield. The Trust wants each school to retain its own individual feel, but use the family of schools to collaborate and share best practise.
Daily Rate; from £110 (to scale)
Full Time, but part time may be considered for the right candidate
- To a have a good knowledge base of SEN children generally.
- To have knowledge surrounding the SEN code of practise.
- To have a good understanding of the importance around PSHE and life skills for a lot of children with SEN.
- To have good experience of working with SEN children.
- To build positive relationships with children and colleagues.
- To support and scaffold children's development with additional needs.
- To effectively track attainment and take part in the planning of next steps for progress.
- To use observational skills as a method of assessment. Makes good use of assessment to adapt strategies
- To work with closely with other members of staff including the SENDCO to share valuable and relevant information to others.
- To use suitable strategies to aid learning and positive behaviour.
- To demonstrate a positive role model.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of the school.
- To be willing to take on any CPD that is deemed necessary in fulfilling the needs of the children
- To be willing to read purposeful documentation relating to the child to pursue their development.
- To be able to communicate with external professionals to share information about a child.
- To be aware and willing to fulfil personal care duties where necessary.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities;
- Patient and calm personality
- Someone who enjoys a challenge
- Someone who is sympathetic to parents and embraces the partnership shared between them.
- Fair by nature
- A person that strives for equality and inclusion!
- Be able to build strong relationships with children.
- Have clear communication skills with children and adults.
- Autism awareness
- Behaviour support
- Beat Dyslexia
- Coping strategies
- Life skills
- Team teach
Teaching Personnel can offer you in return;
- A specialist consultant supporting you at every stage
- The opportunity to apply for a permanent role
- Competitive daily rate of pay
- Access to your own online portal
- Unrivalled CPD through our CPD Academy
- £50 refer a friend scheme (terms and conditions apply)
To be considered for this role, please click to apply and submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs fo