Smile Education are an APSco Compliance+ accredited education recruitment agency that recruits broadly across the Midlands, Shrewsbury and Shropshire. We are currently seeking SEN Teaching Assistants, who have experience working with young people with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties to work in a school located in Telford.
In this role you will be:
The successful candidate will have:
- Supporting students aged 8-19 who have severe, profound, or complex needs- which may also include Autism
- Encouraging pupils to interact with each other in activities led by the teacher
- Supporting teachers with classroom preparation
- Helping with pupils’ personal needs such as hygiene and welfare
- 6 months experience working with children with PMLD in an SEN school or setting
- NVQ 2 or 3 in a relevant area
- A patient and caring nature
- The ability to work 1-1 with a child if needed
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a warm and friendly school who aim to help all their pupils reach their potential.
Here at Smile Education, we are dedicated to giving back to our committed members of staff and are delighted to offer benefits such as:
- Competitive pay
- Reimbursed DBS after 10 days of you working in one of our schools
- Invites to social events
If you feel as though you would be a great fit for this role, please contact Melissa at . I am also continuously recruiting for roles in other areas, so please feel free to contact me to discuss further opportunities.
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.