£65 - 80 per day
Temporary | Full Time
SEN Teaching Assistant
Teaching Personnel are the market leaders for careers in education. Responsible for recruiting teachers and learning support staff for primary, secondary and special schools across England & Wales. As the largest staffing business in the education recruitment sector, we regularly work with over 5,000 schools and are the first-choice agency for over 12,000 job seekers. Also known as learning support assistants, LSA/TA’s support the learning activities in the classroom.
The work involves supporting children independently or in small groups. Usually, TA’s tend to support the whole class however, they usually work exclusively with pupils with special educational needs (SEN) or those pupils who may have a range of learning and/or behavioural difficulties.
What your role will include:
• An understanding of the Teaching Assistant role supporting and overseeing pupils on set tasks and the expected outcomes of individual activities within the allocated timescale
• To be calm under pressure, adaptable and enthusiastic
• To be compassionate, have a positive attitude and be encouraging
• Good listening ability and to be sensitive to pupils’ individual needs
• Promote positive behaviour management skills
• Understanding of SEN
• Knowledge of a range of learning support needs
• Supporting with Literacy and Maths and helping to explain how to apply what they have learnt in lesson
• Providing supervision during break/lunch times when required
• Listening to pupils read and read to pupils as a class, group or one-to-one
• Guiding and monitoring pupil progress
• Undertaking a variety of duties that free up a teacher's time, such as preparing the classroom
Benefits of working with Teaching Personnel:
• 20 plus years’ experience as the leading Education Recruitment agency working in partnership with countless Primary, Secondary and SEN Schools
• Weekly Pay through PAYE
• A dedicated, specialist consultant to support you and your needs
• Unrivalled CPD opportunities including Team Teach, NASEN and Autism Awareness training courses
• Full or flexible part-time work to fit around your existing commitments
• School based working hours – 8:30am-3:30pm
• A chance to commit to a permanent contract if desired. For the role, ideally you should aim to have Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant qualification and basic literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, in Maths and English) but this is not always required if you have previously worked with children.
Please apply directly to this job advert in order to be considered, and a member of our team will be in contact with you within a week to discuss excatly what work you are looking for and about working with Teaching Personnel. Or, if you would like to find out more information, then please email Chloe at email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.