£300 - 325 per week
Temporary | Part Time
We are currently recruiting for SEN Specialist Support Assistants to work in schools in the Torquay and Paignton areas. Our client schools are currently in need of casual and long-term Teaching Assistants to help support them through this school year. The schools range from alternative provisions, to specialist schools catering for children with a variety of needs ranging from PMLD, ASC and SEMH needs. You will be expected to work with a variety of ability and age levels.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am-3.30pm approximately, but you may be offered additional duties and responsibilities outside of these hours.
Schools require on and off support throughout the year depending on student intake and staffing needs, so there is always opportunity for contract extension and permanent roles for staff who are a great asset to the school.
Candidates with backgrounds in care work, counselling, support work and youth work are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate MUST:
• Have experience working with young people displaying challenging behaviour
• Be available immediately with ability to carry out a long-term role
• Be passionate about working with children and supporting learning and welfare
We can offer you:
• Choice and Variety – giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
• Teaching Personnel’s CPD Academy – Your Continuous Professional Development
• Pay – Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
• myTP – Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
• Safe Working Practice – ensuring your reputation is protected
• Excellence in Education Awards – recognising the positive impact you deliver in schools
• TP Tokens – supporting national children and education charities through your direction
In order to work for Teaching Personnel and clear our vetting process, you must have a Child Workforce DBS subscribed to the Update Service. Full assistance will be provided should you need to apply for a new check, at a standard cost of £40, plus an annual subscription fee of £13 for the Update Service.
If you hold experience working with children or young people and want take the next step in building a career in an exciting and rewarding area of education, please contact Harley on the details below or email your CV and a covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.