Smile Education is a leading recruitment service for schools in the West Midlands. An educational setting within the Walsall area is currently looking for an experienced Special needs teaching assistant for an immediate start.
About the Role:
- You will be working alongside a class teacher and support staff to provide enriching and engaging activities that meet individual children’s needs and interests.
- You will work closely with the SENCO and other multi agencies to ensure the child is receiving the correct level of support
- You will be supporting teachers in managing pupil behaviour.
- You will be working 1:1 with children with SEN, MLD, ASD and behavioural and emotional needs.
- You will be focused on working to support the class teacher in delivering learning incentives to children.
- You will work closely with the teacher to track and record progress of students, ensuring they are given the level of support and meeting each child’s individual needs.
About the school:
- You will be supported by experienced class teachers and leaders within the school and offered regular development and guidance.
- An accessible school that is located in Walsall and caters to children aged 4-11 with ASD, ADHD, MLD and behavioural and emotional needs.
- The school works alongside outside agencies to allow each child to receive the level of support required
- The school adapts the curriculum to suit each child and follows its own learning strategies to ensure children are developing.
- The school has strong links with parents and the community and works alongside parents with individual home learning plans for children.
- Excellent facilities inside and outside for young people to access daily.
- Committed to safeguarding and adhering to policies and procedures.
About Smile Education:
- Experienced working with pupils with behaviour and learning difficulties
- You have experience working 1:1 with children with ASD, ADHD and MLD.
- You are a caring, patient individual who has a good understanding of the service and complex needs of students
- You hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification with the willingness to undertake a Level 3
- You have good knowledge of the national curriculum
- You are passionate about helping children achieve and overcome barriers
- Can demonstrate drive and motivate children in the classroom in all aspects of learning
·Receive regular CPD, training and support from your Smile consultant
·Complete confidentiality and guidance If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity,
please send your CV via the website as soon as possible and we will be in touch If you would like to find out more information about the role,
please call Kirsty on 0121 289 6833 To register with Smile or keep up to date with similar positions we have available, please
visit the Smile Website. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook: Smile Education
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.