Smile Education is a leading recruitment service for schools in the West Midlands. An educational setting in Wolverhamptob is currently looking for an experienced special needs teaching assistant to support Key stage 1.
About the Role:
- You will be supporting a class of key stage 1 students along with a class teacher and a team of learning support staff
- You will be supporting students on a 1:1, small group, and on whole class basis
- You will be supporting students with behavioural and emotional needs, children with ASC, MLD, and complex and severe learning difficulties.
About the school:
- You will use your kind and caring nature to provide a safe space for young people to grow, develop and build self confidence
- You will be following the Primary and EYFS curriculum delivered throughout the provision to students.
- Supporting the class teacher by following daily session plans and children’s EHCP’s to enable the students to get the best quality education
- Work alongside students with more complex needs to deliver the developed and adapted curriculum to meet individual children.
- You will be working with the school to make a significant impact to children’s learning and their lives
- Ofsted rated “Good"
- The school aims to enable all children to have the same learning opportunities with specialist facilities and outside environments.
- The school follows the Primary and EYFS curriculum and aims to achieve realistic outcomes by using their own modifications and adaptations to suit individual children’s needs.
- This school is for students aged 4-11 with a broad spectrum of special educational needs.
- The schools staff plan and develop enrichment activities to suit children’s own interests and specific events that relate to their own experiences.
- The provision provides support but also independence for its learners.
- The provision prides itself on being a safe, secure environment where children can develop a positive self-image
- You must have experience working with students with SEN needs (ASD/MLD/SLD).
- You have 12 months experience working with children with SEN
- You must have experience working with children with emotional and behavioural needs
- You must have a caring, nurturing, and patient manor to work in an SEN education setting
- Are a caring individual with the flexibility to adapt your teaching style to meet your student's individual needs
- Hold a relevant teaching assistant qualification
- Hold a current DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one.
About Smile Education:
- Knowledge of the EYFS and primary curriculum is desirable
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity,
- Receive regular CPD, training and support from your Smile consultant
- Complete confidentiality and guidance
please send your CV via the website as soon as possible and we will be in touch If you would like to find out more information about the role,
please call Kirsty on 0121 298 6833 To register with Smile or keep up to date with similar positions we have available,
please visit the Smile Website. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook: Smile Education
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.