£60 - £75 per day
Fixed Term | Full Time
SEND Support Assistant
Working with young people can be a rewarding but challenging experience and requires patience, adaptability and a can-do attitude.
The role of the SEND Support Assistant is to support young people with an identified Special Educational Need or Disability. You will support young people by removing the barriers impacting a young person's ability to access the curriculum, engage in learning and enable them to reach their full potential
Experience working with young people would be beneficial, but we would welcome applications from candidates who have a background in supporting others in a variety of sectors.
A motivation to work with and improve outcomes for young people is essential.
A SEND Support Assistant will:
• Build and maintain successful relationships with young people.
• Support a named pupil or a group of students in traditional and non-traditional learning environments
• Offer a supportive approach in a role-modelling/mentoring capacity
• Assist learners with their physical, personal care or medical needs promoting independence
• Implement specific educational programmes for young people.
• Deliver activities to small groups of identified young people.
• To record observations on young people's behaviour and progress
We would be really interested to hear from candidates who have experience working in settings such as youth work, youth offending services, the emergency services, creative industries, sports coaching