£331.20 - £375 per week
Newcastle upon Tyne
Fixed Term | Full Time
Are you passionate about the learning and development of students with Special Education Needs and Disabilities?
Protocol Education are currently looking for confident and enthusiastic learning assistants for a range of exciting and rewarding opportunities in SEND classrooms in Newcastle.
Although school based experience is not essential to apply, having some previous child related experience is; if you have experience tutoring, mentoring, nannying and coaching, you are suitable for this role.
• Interested in starting a fulfilling career working with SEND pupils and have relevant experience or a wiliness to learn?
• Experienced in the SEND sector and passionate about the learning and development of SEND pupils?
• An experienced mainstream learning support assistant looking to specialise in this rewarding and wide-ranging sector?
• Confident in assisting pupils with a range of different needs and abilities?
• Capable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus within a classroom environment and giving on-going 1:1 support where needed?
• Looking for a role that is rewarding and varied?
As a Protocol Education SEND learning support assistant, you will become an integral part of a pupil's social, academic and personal development and we will offer you:
• Excellent rates of pay.
• Flexible work - you tell us when, we'll tell you where!
• A range of exciting opportunities including both short and long-term placements.
• A great working relationship: you will be supported through all placements with us and we will work hard to find you the right school and opportunity.
• Free CPD courses including Team Teach training within the first12 weeks of registering with us!
If you are ready to discuss current Learning Support Assistant opportunities across Newcastle, apply now with an up-to-date CV with a cover letter to Katie.Hudson@protocol-education.com or call 0191 2797270. Successful applicants will be contacted to progress their applications.
Please note. We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.