£65 - £75 per day
Temporary | Full Time
SEND Teaching Assistant
Right now, we need an aspiring, experienced and passionate Teaching Assistant. This person that we are seeking for needs to have experience of working with children with Special Education Needs. This individual would be working in a Secondary School in Shrewsbury.
Having intervention experience would also be great for this role, but not necessary.
The school has a range of teachers and teaching assistants who are very supportive and would help you to develop professionally in the workplace through great staff meetings which include CPD. We are excited to speak with you to discuss your experience, qualities, and skills.
As a SEND Teaching Assistant for Protocol Education you will be expected to:
• Support and teach children in their learning.
• Support the teacher in the classroom within each subject across the curriculum.
• Follow lesson plans written by the class teacher and support the children to achieve the learning objectives and learning outcomes.
• Safeguard children and report anything small or big to the Safeguarding officer within the setting.
• Carry out behaviour management in line with the school's policies and procedures.
• Support pupils inside and outside the classroom and maintain high expectations.
• Accompany and support pupils with their academic and personal development.
• Be proactive in the class to ensure the support you are providing is tailored to each child's individual needs and learning styles.
If you are interested in this post, you may be:
• A care worker supporting adults and children with SEND.
• An experienced Teaching Assistant wanting a flexible role around your life.
• Passionate about supporting children to learn and achieve great results.
• Seeking long term and short roles within schools.