£65 - £85 per day
Fixed Term | Full Time
Smile Education is a leading recruitment service for schools in the West Midlands. A Forward-Thinking educational setting based in Sutton Coldfield, is currently looking for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant on a long-term position starting immediately.
About the Role:
• You will be supporting a class of students with complex learning difficulties and behavioural needs
• You will be supporting students with special educational needs, such as Autism, Mental Health and Physical difficulties, speech, and language difficulties
• You will use your kind and caring nature to provide a safe space for young people to grow and develop.
• You will be working alongside, and supported by a team of teachers and other confident and experienced teaching support staff to support SEN children (offered training opportunities and change to gain further experience throughout the school)
About the school:
• Ofsted rated “Good”, and said that children have a positive attitude to learning and behaviour across the school is good
• The school aims to enable all children to have the same learning opportunities with specialist facilities.
• The school follows the Primary curriculum and aims to achieve positive outcomes by using their own adaptations to suit individual children’s needs.
• This school is for students aged 3-11 with Special and complex educational needs such as Autism, communication and language difficulties, Emotional and Mental Health, sensory, physical development difficulties.
• You have experience working with students with SEN needs
• You have experience working with children with emotional and behavioural needs
• You have a caring, nurturing, and patient manor to be able to work in a SEN environment
• Hold a teaching assistant or degree qualification
• Hold a current DBS or be willing to apply for one.
•Knowledge of the primary curriculum is desirable
•Makaton training – nonverbal
About Smile Education:
•Receive regular CPD, training and support from your Smile consultant
•Complete confidentiality and guidance
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV via the website as soon as possible and we will be in touch
If you would like to find out more information about the role, please call Jess on 0121 392 6578
To register with Smile or keep up to date with similar positions we have available, please visit the Smile Website. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook: Smile Education
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.