£14.00 - £18.00 per hour
Temporary | Full Time
Speech and Language Therapist Band 5 to 7 Kensal Rise
TLTP have a vacancy for a Band 5 to 7 Speech and Language Therapist to join a specialist team based in Kensal Rise. This is split across 2 Special Needs Schools which caters for primary and secondary pupils with a wide range of special needs such as Autism and Learning Difficulties.
Band 5 to 7 Speech and Language Therapist
Main Duties will include:
1. Manage own caseload of pupils with a wide range of special needs, in accordance with the
service's models of care
2. Be a key member of the Multi-Agency Support Team (MAST) and liaise with a wide variety
of other professionals, providing advice regarding speech, language or communication
needs for parents / carers, education and health professionals in respect of both individual
pupils and/or general guidance regarding the management of these difficulties, as part of a
comprehensive and holistic service.
3. Establish trusting and respectful relationships with educational professionals, with clients
and their parents/carers and ensuring that appropriate boundaries are maintained.
4. Be competent and able in safe manual handling of children and young people in the context
of Speech and Language Therapy.
5. Maintain clinical records in line with service policies.
6. Contribute to the annual gathering of activity data for information systems and clinical
effectiveness measures and undertake audit projects as required.
7. Collaborate in devising, delivering and evaluating training courses for parents/carers.
8. Collaborate in devising, delivering and evaluating training courses for school staff.
9. Support class-based staff, parents/carers, and other members of the MAST in identifying
and understanding pupils' barriers to effective communication, and appropriate
strategies/interventions to minimise these barriers.
10. Delegate work to and provide day-to-day guidance for less experienced Speech and
Language Therapists, Speech and Language Therapy Assistants, administrators, students
and volunteers if appropriate.
11. Demonstrate knowledge of national legislation, local protocols and professional guidance
relevant to the specialty and advise colleagues accordingly.
12. Contribute data to or participate directly in service development projects.
13. Contribute to the evaluation and future development of the Speech and Language Therapy
service across The Rise Partnership Trust, devising models of care and other service
protocols, involving education colleagues and parents/carers as appropriate.
14. Contribute to the development of The Rise Partnership Trust, in collaboration with therapy
colleagues and other professionals, including creating opportunities for income-generating
activities, when appropriate.
15. Actively engage with clinical/personal supervision and line management supervision,
demonstrating the ability to reflect on own practice with peers and mentors and identify own
strengths and development needs.
16. Maintain and develop core professional competencies, underpinned by current evidence based practice.
17. Actively engage in extending knowledge and clinical experience in areas of personal
interest and professional relevance.
18. Maintain membership of RCSLT (or equivalent) and HCPC.
19. Adhere to The Rise Partnership Trust Safeguarding policy and procedures at all times.
20. Ensure that The Rise Partnership Trust Vision is upheld at all times.
21. Adhere to The Rise Partnership Trust Staff Code of Conduct; working positively, flexibly
and collaboratively with all.
22. Other duties as required, which may include providing consultation, assessment and
therapy in other settings as part of the Trust's Outreach service.
They are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist who has:
Have proven clinical experience of managing a paediatric special needs caseload
Be a committed, friendly, and enthusiastic team player, excited and willing to commit to a multi-disciplinary model of work
Be a reflective practitioner who is looking to build on their existing clinical skills and develop their specialism in a special needs setting
The school's offer:
The school are seeking to appoint two therapists (Band 5 7). For all posts, we would welcome applicants who have existing specialist skills in Dysphagia, Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC), ASC or PMLD. Support and training will be available to develop specialist skills for candidates who have an interest in these areas and clinical supervision is provided to all therapists and assistants.
If you're interested in the Speech and Language Therapist role, please send your CV to Ronni at TLTP