£10 per hour
Permanent | Full Time
A school in Longridge are seeking Teaching Assistants to provide a fully integrated approach to the Education, Care and Clinical support of young people aged 8 to 18 years with Autistic Spectrum Conditions and associated complex needs.
The pupils are fully supported with a tailored programme for their Care and Education, being offered innovative experiences, playing to each child's strengths, to prepare them for their lives ahead. Close community ties underpin these opportunities in and around the Roman town of Ribchester and the city of Preston, with easy access to a host of engaging activities to encourage inclusion and positive outcomes for all our students.
As a Teaching Assistant you will need to have a passion for working with young people and want to make a difference in their lives. You will be a highly motivated, well organised and resourceful individual who can demonstrate flexibility and good communication skills. You will be patient and energetic but also have a genuine concern to improve the quality of life for the young people in our care.
The ideal candidate would have experience and knowledge of learning disabilities and/or special needs. Experience of working with young people on the autistic spectrum would also be preferred.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Calm under pressure.
· Professional attitude and appearance.
· The ability to lead and be led.
· Experience of working with young people with additional needs.
· Good organisational skills.
· Assisting the Teacher/Class Lead in the preparation of the work that is to be carried out in class.
· Supporting students in lessons both on and off site.
· Supporting students to make progression with formal learning situations, with self-help skills, life skills and social understanding.
· To support students through both, group learning and individual programmes.
During your employment you will be a part of a dedicated team of professionals who will offer you clear guidance and mentor you throughout this role.
The role is full-time from September.
We would recommend only to apply if you drive, as the school is difficult to access via public transport.
If interested please contact me ASAP or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later dat