£70 - £75 per day
Worcester Park, London
Fixed Term | Part Time
Do you relish a challenge which reaps ever lasting rewards?
Are you a graduate looking for your first step on the career ladder or an experienced teaching assistant looking for a new school?
Are you looking to utilise the skills and knowledge you've acquired to maximise the development of vulnerable and disadvantaged children?
A specialist school for children with Autism and Behavioural Challenges in Worcester Park is welcoming enthusiastic, resilient and patient staff who relish the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of young people. Aspiring Psychologists will get experience of working with children who have experienced trauma or have learning difficulties such as Autism, where you will be tasked with getting to understand and work with their varying cognitive behaviours. The 'outstanding' school has 125 primary and secondary aged children on site and there are great transport links to Epsom, Dorking, Guildford and London.
What can you expect on a daily basis?
- Working with teachers to support children with reading and writing
- Assisting with play-related activities
- Ensuring the safety of the child/children you are allocation to work with
- Delivering personal care to children with more severe needs (feeding, cleaning, changing and toileting)
Why is this such a great role?
- Initial and ongoing training is provided
- An excellent position for someone who has the ambition to become a teacher, psychologist or speech and language therapist
- Fantastic working hours typically of 08:30-15:30 term-time only
- Competitive rate of pay
Please get in touch for further information on the position on 01483 366 433.