£70 - 75 per day + PAYE
Temporary | Full Time
Teaching Assistant Required.
Teaching Personnel are extremely happy to announce that we are looking for a highly driven and motivated Intervention Teaching Assistant to join a fantastic double entry primary school located in Cambridge. This role would be starting in September and would include delivering the curriculum to small groups of year KS2 pupils ensuring they are fully engaged and reaching their full educational potential. It would also include- Monitoring the development and progress of the pupils, assisting the pupils with developing a greater level of understanding of the work set out by the teacher and some general TA work.
If successful you will be supporting KS2 students through an extremely important part of their Primary education.
This role would be ideally suited to a candidate who: Is looking for an extremely rewarding role with a high level of flexibility, has experience teaching KS2 pupils, knowledge of the national curriculum, experience in running catch up sessions
The right candidate will have:
· A GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Mathematics
· Experience working with children with social, emotional and mental health needs
· Experience supporting children with wide range specific learning difficulties and other barriers to learning
· Experience of, and confidence with, dealing with a range of highly challenging behaviours
· Emotional resilience and be motivated by challenge.
· The desire to progress professionally within a nationally expanding child focused service.
· The desire to be engaged in all aspects of school life from the academic to the pastoral.
· Experience and willingness to lead one-to-one and small group learning activities and sessions both in and out of the classroom.
· Experience in assisting in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP/ILPs) for pupils and to help monitor their progress
· An enthusiastic, friendly and open attitude with a consistent and firm approach to classroom support
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong ICT skills
· A passion to make a real difference to the education and lives of young people
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.