£65 - £70 per day
Fixed Term | Full Time
Protocol Education are currently recruiting Learning Support Assistants for full time/part time positions within a SEND school in Barnsley.
*** Positions are due to start ASAP and as such applicants with a DBS maintained on the update service will be prioritised ***
Ideal candidates will have moving and handling and/or team teach trained
The school caters for students who have barriers to learning such as communication and interaction difficulties of complex physical and/or medical conditions
Pupils have a wide range of additional needs. This includes Autism, complex needs, moderate and profound learning disabilities, social, emotional and behavioural needs as well as mental health and medical needs.
We are looking for people who are:
As an SEN Learning Support Assistant,you will be in a position to help make a huge difference to young people's prospects.
You will work alongside a specialist teacher delivering individual and group learning to students.
In a general day you will be expected:
* To aid pupils to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his or her own.
* To ensure pupils are able to effectively use equipment and materials provided.
* Motivate and encourage pupils as required, by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs
* Assist in areas the pupil may have additional difficulties, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation
* Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage pupils to concentrate and stay focussed on tasks.
The ideal person for this role will have the following:
* Experience of working with young people.
* TA/Mentor/Youth Work/ Community Work background
* Experience working with challenging behaviour and/or learning difficulties
* Knowledge of the range of different types of learning difficulties and disabilities
* Be trained in Team Teach or be willing to undergo training if necessary.
Please click apply if you have the relevant experience or call Frances on 0114 252 1975. We look forward to hearing from you.