£10.20 - 14.00 per hour
Permanent | Full Time
A 'GOOD' secondary school in Skelmersdale is looking to appoint Technology/Engineering Technician ASAP. The role would be full time, and this would be a temp to perm role, depending on how you get on in the role.
The Technology/Engineering Technician is to provide day-to-day support in and out of class for the Engineering & Technology departments.
The post holder will be expected to show enthusiasm, commitment, flexibility and the ability to work on his/her own initiative. He/she will be expected to work alongside students and will require good communication skills.
• To support students in workshop practices, activities and the use of machinery ecg. bench work, turning, milling and drilling
• To support the department with material preparation for lessons – wood, steel and soft modeling materials such as fabric, card and foam.
• To create resources to support learning in the classroom
• Component preparation for electronic circuitry
• Using appropriate software
• Operate CAD/CAM hardware and Software
• Accessing computer files (Microsoft Word) making changes and printing out
• Supporting Primary Liaison team in making components and learning materials as required
• To maintain the general tidiness of classrooms in the Engineering/Technology Departments and liaise with suppliers and companies as part of this role
• Complete tasks for other departments as directed by your line manager.
Please appy today and Emily @ Teaching Personnel will be in touch ASAP.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.