£10.20 - 15.30 per hour
Temporary | Part Time
Two School Technicians
An SEN high school in Skelmersdale is looking for two technicians, the school are very flexible with the working hours therefore will consider individuals who are available on a full-time and /or part-time basis. The SEN school caters for young people aged 11 to 16 who have individual needs based on Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties.
Within these roles, you will not be expected to support the students, the duties would involve more preparation before lessons as well as the maintenance of equipment. The school are looking for two technicians, one for DT/Art/ Food Technology and the other focused on IT support. If you have specialist knowledge within any of the subjects this might be the role for you! There may also be additional opportunities within the school if you are comfortable supporting within these specific lessons.
Duties will include:
- Prepare and set up specific curriculum resources / materials / equipment for lessons, as directed by the class teacher
- Ensure the safe and secure storage of allocated resources / materials / equipment to prevent unauthorised access / misuse
- Clean and undertake routine maintenance of equipment as needed to ensure it is clean and in good working order
- Ensure the adherence to health and safety regulations by technical support staff within the school
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the class room teacher as directed
- Order resources as instructed
- Ensure the safe treatment and disposal of used materials, including hazardous substances, and respond to actual or potential hazards.
As these roles are to start immediately, the school would like to meet suitables candidate as soon as possible. Please get in touch if either role appeals to you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.