Graduate Teaching Assistant's needed!
Smile Education is a leading recruitment service for schools in the West Midlands. Smile is working in partnership with a Secondary school in the Halesowen area who are looking for Graduate Teaching Assistants.
This school is supportive and inclusive and want staff to feel included as part of their team, this is long term ongoing position for the right candidate. They want stability for the Student, the ideal candidate is someone who can commit to the role fully and want to make a difference in the education of this individual. If you think you can be a positive role model in this student’s educational journey please apply below!
About the Role:
- You will be supporting a child on a 1:1 basis, who needs assistance with their school work and finds it difficult to focus without that support
- The school are looking for someone who is versatile, approachable, supportive and a good listener- a positive attitude is a must in this role
- You will be following the secondary curriculum delivered through the supportive teachers
- Supporting the class teacher by following daily session plans
- Work alongside students with more complex needs to deliver the developed and adapted curriculum to meet individual children.
- You will be working with the school to make a significant impact to children’s learning and their lives
- Flexible day rate based on experience
About the school:
- This secondary school is the heart of the local community and ensures this community has access to outstanding education
- The school aims to enable all children to have the same learning opportunities and prides itself on being a safe, secure environment where children can develop a positive self-image
- Students come first in every way and they want their students to believe anything is possible!
- This is a mixed school with students the ages of 11-16
- The schools staff plan and develop enrichment activities to suit children’s own interests and specific events that relate to their own experiences.
- Some experience working with children
- Hold a degree OR relevant teaching assistant qualification
- A caring individual with the flexibility to adapt your teaching style to meet your student's individual needs, as well as being a positive role model for the individual
- Hold a current DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one
- Knowledge of the secondary curriculum is desirable
If you would like to find out more information about the role, please call Stella on 0121 289 6834
or apply via submitting a current CV.
To register with Smile or keep up to date with similar positions we have available, please visit the Smile Website.
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.