Learning Support Assistant to support a Year 1 pupil, on a 1:1 basis, with their learning and social, emotional and behavioural needs. This is a great opportunity for an LSA to develop their skills and expertise by working with the Senco.
- Qualifications with a minimum of 4 GCSEs to include English and Mathematics to help with their academic learning;
- NVQ 3 or equivalent in an area linked to children and learning to ensure you have a good working knowledge of child development;
The School is Ofsted rated ‘Good’ and SIAMs rated ‘Excellent’ Primary School. We are looking for a committed LSA to registert who:
- Has excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Has high expectations of achievement and behaviour both in and out of class;
- Is reflective and committed to their own professional development;
- Is able to work closely and effectively within a team;
- Has aspirations to become a teacher themselves;
- Is committed to working in partnership with children, staff, parents, governors and the wider community to promote TEAM St Mary’s.
The School can we can offer:
- 141 friendly, hardworking and keen to learn children;
- An exciting ‘next step’ in your professional development; you do not have to be the finished article;
- The backing of an excellent team committed to self-improvement;
- The support of positive, engaged parents and experienced, committed governors;
- A picturesque village location just 4 miles from the historic city of Winchester, on the edge of the South Downs;
- The chance to achieve something exceptional;
- A commitment to your on-going professional development;
- A great track record with previous LSAs going onto pursue a teaching career;
- A lively community school which is friendly, welcoming and inclusive.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.