Smile Education Recruitment
£153 - £205 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Smile Leadership Ltd are currently seeking experienced School Business Manager’s for several West Midlands based schools. If you are an experienced School Business Manager who has worked within a Secondary school setting and are available to travel to the Birmingham West Midlands area, we would like to hear from you. Smile Leadership Ltd is a sister company to Smile Education who are a leading education recruitment agency.
The School Business Manager post is typically offered as a full-time interim role in the first instance. You will provide full support to the Executive Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team to ensure effective practices in management and administration across the school. You will have specific responsibility for facilities, Health and Safety, Office Management, Financial Management and HR management. Other responsibilities may include:
• Support with tender processes of the school and ensure they adhere to the policies and procedures of the Multi Academy Trust (MAT).
• Support with the financial management of the school.
• Support with the Human Resource (HR) functions of the school.
• Actively contribute to the schools Development Plan, making meaningful and considered suggestions in areas where the school requires them most.
• Promote the highest standards of business efficiency within the administrative function of the school.
• Be a positive and proactive advocate of the school and MAT’s continued progress and success and attend meetings when required to present information to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Executive Leadership Team (ELT), COO, CEO and Local Governing Body.
• Undertake relevant responsibilities as delegated by the Executive Head or Local Governing Body.
• Be a highly involved member of the school’s community and be active in aspects of school life, including developing positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents, ensuring high standards of discipline etc.
To be successful in your application, you should have one or more of the following:
• Experience as a School Business Manager
• Experience in financial, HR, business and/or premises operations within an education setting
• Good knowledge of effective ICT administration systems within schools
• The ability to communicate verbally with, and write reports for, a range of stakeholders, including Governors and external agencies
A secure online interview process is in place to register in the first instance. If you would like to be considered for representation in these roles, then please contact me directly on email at email@example.com or please call the office line on 0121 716 7296.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion surrounding other School Business Manager posts or other school jobs available in the West Midlands, please feel free to get in touch with me on 07521 038643.
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.