£70 - 76 per day + Inc 12.07% holiday pay, PAYE
Temporary | Full Time
Role: SEN Teaching Assistant
Classroom: Special Educational Resource Base
Location: Cardiff (CF14)
Pay: £75.39 per day inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay
Start date: 9th January 2023
Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit a confident and committed individual who is looking to support pupils with Special Eductional Needs within a resource base of a Primary School in one of the suburbs of North Cardiff for two terms initially, with the view of extending for the right applicant.
Due to the nature of the pupils within the Special Needs Resource Base, the school will be looking for someone who:
- Is nurturing, calm and patient
- Can demonstrate resilience and not be phased by a sudden change in behaviour
- Uses their own initiative and to work independently with minimal guidance from the class teacher
- Can help build an inclusive environment for all
- Isn’t shy to support with personal care
- Is looking to make a valuable difference to the lives of the pupils within the base
- Is looking for a full time, long term role
Desirable, (but not essential):
- Makaton training
- Previous experience supporting non-verbal pupils
Currently the school has over 500 pupils on role including a full capacity Nursery class and a SEN Resource Base. The school are an innovative forward-looking school where the engaging atmosphere and inclusive ethos are major determining factor in their ability to positively impact on the health and wellbeing of all our pupils and staff. The school use shared evidence-based practice to shape a creative, nurturing learning environment. The prime objective for the school is to challenge both their staff and pupils to thrive and take up their place in society as confident, well-rounded, resilient, culturally aware and environmentally responsible citizens.
Support will be provided in regards to the vetting requirements, however to be considered for the role, Teaching Personnel will need to ensure that the suitable applicant has:
- An Enhanced CHILD ONLY DBS (On the Update Service)
- Registered with the Education Workforce Council as a School Learning Support Worker
- A 10 year career history with 2 years of suitable references
- A Right to Work document sighted by Teaching Personnel in person
If you are interested in the role above, please click apply and provide an up-to-date CV, ensuring that the contact details provided are correct. Teaching Personnel will aim to respond within 48 working hours upon application.
Teaching Personnel reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we have successfully appointed a suitable applicant.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.