Dependant on role and experience
Fixed Term | Full Time
Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a Learning Mentor to work in an SEND school in Gloucester.
The school is a SEND school for students with a variety of complex, moderate and severe learning disabilities and who unable to access mainstream education for these reasons. Your role will include that of a Mentor/Support Worker, supporting the students SEND specific needs, well-being and academic abilities in a structured and adapted curriculum. All students have Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP's) which as a key support worker you will contribute and work together with the student to achieve their targets and offer purposeful, engaging, fun activities and lessons that progress each individual student and challenge them appropriately.
The school are looking for someone with previous school experience or have worked in a supportive role, such as a support worker/youth worker/Teaching assistant/carer/intervention/tutor.
This role is ideal for someone seeing to gain valuable classroom experience prior to embarking on a teaching career, or a great opportunity for any graduates seeking a bold new career change.
• Working closely with the staff team, specifically teachers in order to contribute to student's EHCP's and individual needs academically and socially
Plan and deliver interventions alongside the teacher
• To support in managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they undertake their work and ensuring a constructive and positive environment is always enforced.
Candidate required to drive as there will be collection and drop offs (mileage covered)
• De-escalating situations within the classroom in the correct way certifying safeguarding procedures are always adhered.
• Reporting any safeguarding concerns using the school's referral procedures and safeguarding policies.
• Someone who truly cares for the education of children and thrives in an environment working with likeminded individuals.
• A person who has a passion for installing confidence, knowledge and skills into forming children into becoming members of society later in life.
• Somebody with desire to go the extra mile for their students and truly influence their futures.
• A character who truly makes a difference in the classroom and enjoys working with young people.
• Excellent communication skills; Verbal/written and reading comprehension
• Proven track record of positively impacting the lives of children, please note - this can be in any field.
Is caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
• Right to work in the U.K.
Position: Learning Mentor
Location: Gloucester, GL4
Start date: Monday 8th November 2021
If you have what it takes, you can join an experienced, innovative team with incredible potential!
Protocol Education are required to take safeguarding steps which include:
- DBS check at the cost of £40, if not already have one on the government update subscription service.
- 2 year professional references and work experience, gaps listed
- Proof of address and right to work in the UK
Protocol Eduction can offer;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer
- Free Webinars
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community
- Social event (currently online)
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role - please contact Hollie on 0117 945 3965 for more information.