Smile Education is a leading recruitment service for schools in the West Midlands. An educational setting in Dudley is currently looking for an Learning support assistant to support children who have Speech language and communication needs. Smile Education are looking to find an ideal candidate to start as soon as possible on a long-term basis.
About the Role:
- Supporting students in KS3 with communication needs on a 1:1 and small group basis.
- Working 1:1 with children providing them with quality support and learning.
About the school:
- Supporting the class teacher by following individual learning plans to enable the students to get the best quality education
- You will be working to provide tailored activities that cater to needs of the children who have speech language and communication needs.
- You will be supported by an experienced class teacher who will offer you guidance and clear leadership.
- A school situated in Dudley which benefits from dedicated and experienced SEN support staff
- A school that caters for young people aged 11-16 with varied additional needs, including ASC and speech and language
- The setting encourages independence for its learners.
- A school that is commited to the safeguarding of staff and children
- A school that offers facilities for young people to access throughout the school day
- Works closely with the community and outside agencies to achieve the best possible outcome for all students
- Communicates with parents, offering home learning support and guidance.
- Easily accessible by car and great transport links.
- You will have 12 months experience working with students on 1:1 basis
- Qualified to level 2 and willingness to take on a level 3 teaching assistant qualification.
- You are a patient individual who has a good understanding of the service and complex needs of students
- Are a caring individual with the flexibility to adapt your teaching style to meet your student's individual needs
- Exceptionally dedicated to supporting pupils achieve the very best through an all-inclusive curriculum
About Smile Education:
- You have an Enhanced DBS check or are willing to apply for one
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity,
- Receive regular CPD, training and support from your Smile consultant
- Complete confidentiality and guidance
please send your CV via the website as soon as possible and we will be in touch If you would like to find out more information about the role,
please call Kirsty on 0121 289 6833 To register with Smile or keep up to date with similar positions we have available,
please visit the Smile Website. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook: Smile Education
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.