£65 - 75 per day
Permanent | Full Time
Teaching Personnel are working in collaboration with a school based in Harrogate who are looking to recruit a Team-Teach trained Teaching Assistant with experience of supporting pupils who display challenging behaviours.
The role is located within a speicalist school to support pupils who have been diagnosed with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH).
As a Team-Teach trained Teaching Assistant, you will:
• Support the student with learning difficulties and emotional and behavioural difficulties both on a 1:1 basis and within the classroom to support the class teacher.
• Be responsible for keeping the student engaged and focused on learning whilst helping to progress their social and emotional development.
• Have a positive impact on their learning experience by creating a fun learning environment.
• Have the ability to build a strong rapport with the student in order to support them effectively.
To succeed in the role you will:
• Have up to date Team Teach training (or be willling to attend training)
• Have recent experience in supporting pupils within a school based setting.
• Have good experience and understanding of supporting pupils with SEN and be enthusiastic about supporting and enhancing pupil development, academically and otherwise.
• Be an outgoing, proactive and positive individual who is passionate about supporting students with SEMH, as well as working well as part of a team.
If interested in this or similar positions, please contact the West Yorkshire SEN branch.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.