£10 - 11 per hour
Permanent | Full Time
KS1 SEN Support Teaching Assistant Needed in Kirkby
Teaching Personnel are currently working with a mainstream primary school in Kirkby, L33, who is seeking a full time Teaching Assistant to support a group of pupils in Year 1 with special educational needs. The pupils have needs such as autism, ADHD, learning difficulties and challenging behaviour so the ideal TA will have previous experience supporting children or adults with similar needs. The role is 5 days per week, Mon - Fri and will continue until July 2022.
The role would be supporting the class Teacher and pupils. You will be responsible for running group sessions, 1-1 interventions, general class support during lessons, break time cover and other general assistive duties.
This school has been graded 'Good' by Ofsted. There is also parking on site.
• Providing support within the classroom wherever required
• Delivering activities on one-to-one or small group basis
• Ensuring children are engaged
• Adapting to every individual pupil’s needs
• Helping with behaviour management of children
• Creating displays of children’s work
• Friendly, empathetic and motivating
• Attentive to needs of pupils
• Strong regard for pupil safety-and well being
• Caring, patient, and understanding
• Motivating with ability to engage pupils
• Good ability to manage behaviour
• Reliable and committed fully to each lesson assisted
To be put forward for this position you must either be registered or be prepared to register with Teaching Personnel, to go through all of the necessary vetting procedures. If you have similar previous experience and you would like to be put forward for this position, please apply ASAP with a copy of your up to date CV for immediate consideration.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.